Why do I need 3D Graphics?
It offers cost effective ways to promote products and your business message. 3D visualisation, online video and interactive animation can:
• Make products appear more appealing
• Engage customers in your website.
• Communicate information more effectively than written text alone.
• Demonstrate concepts and the functionality of products.
• Enable you to stand out from your competitors.
• Provide cost effective marketing solutions which will not only increase conversion rates but also improve profit margins.
What is web 3D and how can it help me?
Web 3D is a way of displaying products and videos in a manner which allows for highly engaging interactivity, encouraging longer viewing and more time spent gaining customer ‘buy in’.
How will 3D benefit my website?
By adding impact with interesting and entertaining content you will capture viewers attention for longer – essential when you consider that you generally only have seven seconds before browsers move on.
Will online 3D improve sales?
52% of all web traffic is currently video* and it is a fact that online
video sells – on average accounting for a 30% increase.
How much will it cost?
The cost will vary depending on your particular requirements, but it is part of our business plan to be accessible to SMEs and we have great experience achieving this. Call or email us today and we will be very happy to discuss your project, also providing a free quote with no commitment.
How will it be integrated into my current website?
Integration is generally no more complicated than adding an image. You choose where you would like the content; we will provide the necessary script and material to your developer. We are also happy to integrate it into your site for you at no extra charge.
Will it slow my website down?
No, it will have no effect on the speed of your website.
What is 3D Imaging, Visualisation and CGI?
These are digitally created graphics which replicate the real world to produce photo-realistic images and animations. The advantage is that while appearing realistic, we can do many things with the lighting background, camera and model which simply are not possible in the real world.
This frees you up to show more of your product, go inside it, cut it open, create camera flythroughs and vary lighting and background.
How are 3D graphics created?
We take the details of your model, photographs, scetches and plans and use to create a virtual 3D wireframe model.
The model is then brought alive by the addition of textures and lighting which replicate the behavioural characteristics of real world light and material which allow us to create images which appear ultra realistic.
Okay, so I would like to show my product in 3D, what happens next?
• After an initial consultation, we will advise on the options and price and suggest the best methods for you to promote your business through our services. It is important to us to find the right solution for you and we will endeavour to do this
• When the correct way has been agreed we will collect all the visual information of your product we need. If it is necessary to travel to you take photographs this will be at no extra cost to you but included as part of the fee.
• We then create a digital model of your product, add materials, lighting and animate the camera and/or model.
• Finally we create the animation the format agreed and in a form that is easily integrated into your website
Some techy stuff - Online 3D Animation - the Advantages and Options
When integrating animation into a website we usually offer two format options, each has both advantages and drawbacks. These are:
• Interactive flash animation
A great way to bring a product to life, the animation may also contain sound and music if desired. Interaction involves the viewer clicking to play the option to pause and replay.
Streaming video does not require time to load and will start playing immediately
• Great way to bring a product to life and make it look sexy
• Enables complex animations with sound
• Interaction through video controls
• Limited to a linear timeline viewing without additional controls
Interactive Flash Animation
This is video which has been given additional controls and functionality. The viewer will have the option to control the video with a slider and additionally to zoom, compare colour variations or models to create a more interactive experience.
• All the advantages of video bringing a product to life with attractive lighting and animation
• Additional interactive controls will further draw in and engage the viewer creating a playful learning experience and helping to further familiarise him or her with the product.
• Flash is not accessible to ipad and iphone users, however, we would offer a re-route option to video for these users
• A short loading period is required before it may be viewed
What are the future predictions for Online 3D Animation?
3D Animation in website marking and ecommerce is fast becoming popular as retailers and manufacturers become aware of the advantages this offers creating an experience closer to visiting a real shop than a standard static and 2d website can provide. The main advantages are as follows:
• Animation creates a relationship between the person watching and the
product or brand in question
• Stand out from the crowd, animated graphics and video will differentiate you from your competitiors
• Animation immediately turns a product from a flat image into a 3D object enabling the viewer to better visualise and understand it. By making it more real it also becomes more desirable
• Animation adds life and interest to a website
• Communicating information with animation is a more pleasurable experience, a bit less work more play for the visitor who becomes engaged and is then likely to take a closer look.
According to Cisco, by 2013 90% of web traffic will be video based. Online
video is here to stay and as a business you need to ensure that it forms
a key part of both your internal and external communication strategy going